Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What's on the Rigid Heddle

I am currently doing some experiments with texture and ply on my Rigid Heddle.  I am working with some hand-spun of mine that is 80% wool / 20% silk (the color way is from
Red Fish Dye Works http://redfishdyeworks.com/ .
This is a single ply that is 22 wpi.  Yes, I used this in the warp, and Yes I have broken one warp so far.  I have also incorporated into the simple design a double warp thread every 1/2" with a triple warp thread on both sides of center.  You can see the textured ribs in the photo above.
Critique so far;
I don't have enough yarn left to finish a full size scarf, although it should be enough for a gentlemen's neck wrap.
The ribbing texture is a nice feature, I will do this again, with a little more gusto.
The single ply accentuates the design and color way, if I would have used a 2 ply for the warp, it would have kept me out of trouble, with all the breaking of the warp threads.

Vaya Con Dios, Rich

No comments: