Tuesday, October 1, 2013

In Defense of the Kiwi

This post is not about the strange little animal that lives in New Zealand.  It IS about a wonderful little spinning wheel that is manufactured by the Ashford company
http://www.ashford.co.nz/newsite/spinning-wheels.html

The Kiwi is often described as a "student wheel".  I hate that expression.  It gives people the idea that this is "not a real wheel", and I have heard those exact words before.  Before I step higher on my soap box I will say that I have about 5 different wheels, and all for a different purpose, and yes most of the other wheels that are not Kiwis are more expensive and look that way.
BUT... they are all spinning wheels, nothing more.
The Kiwi does have some neat features.  You can get it with an oversize bobbin and flyer.
Because it's so simple the bobbin change-out is fast.  The construction makes it easy to pick-up.
I have had my Kiwi for years, and I can trust that it will always work and never give me any problems.
Don't DIS my Kiwi dude.

No comments: