Friday, October 11, 2013

Morning at NPR

This Morning I volunteered at KCLU, the local radio station for NPR. I was there for the pledge drive.
http://www.kclu.org/support/
I have volunteered at many different things in the past, mostly dog related.  This was different.

  • The other volunteers were intelligent and well spoken :-)
  • There were other fiber artists (knitters) there, they knitted between when the calls came in.
  • I didn't have to stay really long, I was there early in the morning and worked only a few hours.
  • I learned stuff I never knew, and talked to people on the phone.
I'm going back on Tuesday.  It should be more busy then, I'll bring my spinning and knitting, and hopefully take more calls (for the benefit of KCLU and my sanity).

I know few people care about all this.  But they were good people, trying to do a good thing, and I was a part of it, and had a good time.

Vaya Con Dios, Rich

No comments: