Saturday, August 17, 2013

A Day Off

I'm taking the day off.  It's been 5 days that I have slaved over the cooking, cleaning, shopping, running, playing with the dogs and other items that I do because I'm currently on "sabbatical", so I thought I needed a day off to rest my feet and cool the jets.  I've started by picking some of our tomatoes we've been growing.  The wifey has been laboring over the fact that I have not been tieing them up properly...but Heh! I'm busy.

We also planted the cotton we have had in pots for awhile, and hopefully it will stay alive, grow and we can get enough cotton in order to use for spinning.

And Speaking of Spinning!!!
This Thursday I started on the White stuff I have been talking about.  I did go back and forth a lot on choosing between the Merino/Silk blend, or the BFL/Angora.  The Angora blend is about 75% angora, and it's a blend that I have not spun yet.  OH Yeah, I chose the The angora blend.  It spins fast and I need to focus more so I don't over spin it.  It's wonderful.......And I look forward to the finished product.  I'm thinking at this time that I may ply it with the Silk blend...but more on that later.

Tomorrow we, wifey and I, will be donating platelets down at the local blood bank so I may not be on my best game.
If you currently don't donate please do, contact--unitedbloodservices.org

Vaya Con Dios...Rich

No comments: