Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ventura County Fair

The Ventura County Fair has been in progress for about 1 week.  I LOVE THE FAIR.  The Ventura fair is still a place where people bring Animals, Vegetables and Home Arts that they have worked on to be judged and considered the best in the area.  Me, I bring the home arts.
Besides the fair entries shown below I also demonstrate.
Because of my extra time, this year I spent two days in the Guild booth (Hand-weavers and Spinners Guild) and one day demonstrating knitting in the home arts building.
I also was able to spend time with the "Sheep to Shawl" demo.
This is where you start with a Sheep, and turn it into a shawl in one day.  We actually start with the fleece from the sheep and then we Spin it, Ply it, and Weave the shawl.
I'm thinking how weird this must sound to anyone not familiar with where cloth comes from....

Brags-----
This year I entered 5 items;
Hand-spun hand-knit, hat - second place
Hand-spun hand-woven, scarf - first place (see the scarf on this page)
Hand-spun banana fiver-first place, and two additional skeins (wool) - third place
AND
I took first in the spinning competition along with high in trial.

No comments: