Thursday, August 29, 2013

Spinning Swatches (sample)

Let's all admit it...we don't do it, or at least I don't...(DO WHAT!) a spinning sample.
Considering the years I have spun, I should know better, but nooooooo I find a fiber in my stash, sorta think about what it's going to be used for (sorta) and away I go.  I never plan twist or WPI until after I've started, I let the fiber dictate to me what it's going to be....well buster, there's a new spinner in town, and things are going to change.

From now on....

  1. Decide up front usage of yarn
  2. Know what WPI and action I want
  3. Spin a sample single
  4. Ply a sample final (saving a single to use for later comparison)
  5. Finish the final yarn (saving a sample to use for later comparison)
This won't be easy, I'll call my sponsor for support, and spin on a day to day basis.

Vaya Con Dios, Rich

No comments: