Friday, August 30, 2013

Hunting and Gathering - "How we Shop"

Anybody that knows me will tell you that I'm not extremely health conscience, and  I eat because I like food!  Over the past 6+ weeks I have been doing numerous chores around the house one of them being shopping and cooking every night.  Yesterday when I went to the grocery

store I forgot my list, and low and behold it occurred to me that there are only two things to buy--
Meat (hunting)
Produce (gathering).
OK...maybe there are more items we need, I love Chips, ice cream, bagels, but when I look at how the stores are even laid out, Meat is on one end of the store and Produce is on the other end, with a careful trail leading through the Valley of Death, namely supplemental food, seasonings, and junk...full isles of just soft drinks...
I will be re-doing my shopping list template (Yes I have a shopping list template) to highlight Meat and Produce.  The ancillary items such as milk, butter, cottage cheese, and specific recipe items will only be noted as needed, I could also break this down into a food list and a "whatever" list.  This should help in setting a balanced diet that is both budget and health wise.

Vaya Con Dios, Rich

No comments: