Thursday, August 15, 2013

A Place for Plants

The Plumerias needed a resting spot and over the last few days I have finished up two tier sections for them to sit.

I made them from standard framing 2 x 4 that were straighter than the norm.  I didn't use screws or bolts so in time as they dry they will pull apart a little.  The design is such that 8" long wood screws could be added and that will hold them for ever.  I should add that the design fully utilized (8) sticks of 8 foot long material.
I burnt the wood with a torch to add some finish to them.  I also added two coats of a clear decking finish.  It did color them up a little, but they aren't shiny.  All in all I think they came out real nice.
Later this week the Wify will go ahead and adjust the location along with putting on the plants.

No comments: