Wednesday, August 14, 2013

? ? What to Spin Next ? ?

I currently have nothing on the spinning wheel.  I finished the Silk/Merino fiber that I did for demo at the county fair, and now I'm contemplating my next fiber project.
My office looks like an explosion of fiber...everywhere I look there is some fiber that has been pulled out and judged to spin next for my enjoyment and next project.  I have been focused on a lot of silk blends recently from Red Fish Dye Works redfishdyeworks.com 
I even have some plain white of the 50/50 blend to use for a scarf similar to the one shown on this page.  But I need some change, yet a purpose for the yarn that I will be spinning (sorta like my life).  My Wife, Ginny, has a shawl that could use some plain white angora mix, I have the fiber, so if I was a good husband I would go and prepare this for her.  It just seems really weird to clean, cook, AND spin for the wify, so I might not just on principle's sake.  But I think it will be white and will give a good hand when woven properly.
Most of my done yarn is colored, and I have a ton of un-spun fiber that is white.  SO!  White it is, now I can choose, pack up the stash, and put this stressful decision behind me.
Vaya Con Dios---Rich

No comments: