Saturday, August 31, 2013

What's Going on the Wheel - Spinning

My wife came up with this cleaver idea that we should both spin and knit the same shawl pattern.  Sorta of a study group, but without the study.  My wife can knit me into a corner, and then some.  I on the other hand...can spin pretty neatly (we'll leave it like that).  So, she will assist me in the knitting, and I will assist her in the spinning, although she could handle that on here own.
We both got our fiber from Susie.  She's the local trainer, trader, and everything spun.

My fiber is a blend of;
30% Merino
22% Camel
16% Yak
4% Buffalo
28% Silk

Hopefully the photo will do the color some justice, I couldn't even describe the color if asked, other than brown with a greenish tint, and that sounds just plain ugly.  So in-vision something beautiful, with the photo in mind, and we'll all be good.

I will be pulling out the "Big Gun"---Matchless Wheel for this spinning project.  Although this will contain my spinning at home, it will be a more consistent spin...because I won't be talking to people at demos, or the Thursday night spin group, all my focus will be on the task at hand.  This weekend, my wife will help me decide the weight of yarn and ply, and then the both of us will spin our samples.


Vaya Con Dios, Rich

No comments: